Sarson da saag / Sarson ka saag
1) 1 bunch of mustard leaves, washed
2) 1.5 bunch of spinach leaves ( RATIO - 1:1.5 - Mustard:Spinach), washed
3) 3-4 green chilies
4) 2 teaspoons of ginger, finely chopped
5) 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
6) 1 onion, finely chopped
5) 1 tomato, finely chopped
6) Salt to taste
7) 4 tablespoons of ghee/unsalted butter
1) In a pressure cooker, add washed and chopped mustard leaves, baby spinach leaves, pinch of salt and gree chiles. Cook for 2-3 whistles.
2) Grind the above mixture. Avoid water.
3) In a pan or kali kadai heat ghee or butter.
4) Add, ginger, garlic, onion and tomatoes. Stir for 2-3 mins. Make a fine paste (tadka with no visible chunks. Add little water, if needed)
5) Add grinded mixture from step - 2.
6) Add salt (little less than usual)
7) Cook for 10 -12 mins with constant stirring. Be careful! (Hold pan cover with one hand and stir with other) Try to evaporate the water completely.
8) Add red chili powder if you want to.
9) Garnish it with ghee (Be little generous). Serve it with makki di roti or chapati or naan