1) Methi/Fenugreek leaves, washed and chopped
2) Salt to taste
3) Red chili powder to taste
Ingredients for dough:
1) 2 cups whole wheat flour
2) Water for kneading
1) In a bowl, add whole wheat flour and water. Knead it to a soft dough.
Divide the soft dough in 5-6 equal portions. Take one portion, roll into a ball, apply dry flour and with the help of a rolling pin roll it into a circle of about 3" diameter.
4) Brush the dough with ghee/butter, add salt and chopped methi leaves. Close the edges and roll it again into a circle of 5-6" diameter
5) Put it on a hot skillet on medium heat and cook both sides by applying ghee/butter. Repeat the same with other portions. Serve it with curd and pickle
Stuffed Methi Paratha
Recipe by Geetanjali S. Mahadik