1) 2 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
2) 1 bunch of fenugreek/methi leaves, washed and chopped
3) 3-4 tablespoons of ghee/butter/oil
4) 2-3 whole green chilies
5) 1 tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds
6) 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
7) 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
8) Salt to taste
9) 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
1) Heat ghee in kalli kadai or pan
2) Fry whole green chilies (with a small slit). Take them out. Keep aside
3) Add crushed coriander seeds, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt and red chilies. Give a quick stir.
4) Add potatoes. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
5) Add, methi/Fenugreek leaves. Stir, cover and cook till potatoes are tender.
Garnish it with fried green chilies and serve it with roti or paratha
|Punjabi Aloo Methi|