1) 2 tablespoons of broken cashew nuts
2) 1/2 onion, chopped
3) 2-3 cloves of garlic
4) 2 teaspoons of ginger, grated
5) 3-4 green chilies, chopped
6) 1 medium size tomato, chopped
7) Pinch of hing
8) 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
9) 1/2 table spoon of crushed coriander seeds
10) 1-2 bay leaf
11) 2 cups of mix veg. (Potato, peas, green beans, carrots, bell pepper, cauliflower, corn, paneer etc.)
12) 1 cup of milk
13) 1teaspoon of corn starch
14) Salt to taste
15) 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
16) 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper (optional)
17) 1 teaspoon of shahi paneer masala or dal makhni masala or kitchen king masala (OPTIONAL)
18) 1 tablespoons of raisins
19) 2 + 3 tablespoons of oil/ghee/ butter
1) In a small pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add, ingredients 1 to 6. Stir for 2-3 mins and grind them to a fine paste.
2) In a large pan or kadai take 3 tablespoons of oil. Add, hing, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and bay leaf. Give a quick stir.
3) Add paste from step -1 and stir for 2 mins or till oil oozes out.
4) Add all veg. Stir and cover the pan. Cook for about 5-6 mins with occasional stirring.
5) After 5-6 mins slow down the heat and add cold milk and starch with constant stirring.
6) Add, salt. black pepper, red pepper, paneer/dal makhni or kitchen king masala and raisins. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 min or until the veggies are done.
7) Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with roti or naan.
Recipe by Geetanjali S. Mahadik