1. 3/4 cup of warm water
2. 1/2 pack of active dry yeast (about 1/2 tablespoon)
3. 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (atta)
4. 1/2 cup of all purpose flour (maida)
5. 2-3 table spoon of olive oil
6. 1 teaspoon of sugar
7. 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds (Sauf), crushed
Ingredients for topping:
1. Pizza sauce
2. Veggies: Tomato, olives, onion, bell-pepper, jalapenos etc.
3. Herbs: Basil, italian seasoning (optional)
4. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
5. Mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese
1. Take warm water in a coffee mug or some large container. Add, sugar and dry yeast. Dissolve it and let it sit for about 10 min.
2. Take all purpose flour and wheat flour in a large pan. Add, crushed fennel seeds, olive oil and salt. Mix them well. Knead very soft dough using water with yeast and sugar. (Don't worry if the dough is little sticky). Cover the dough with a damp cloth. Let it sit for 40 mins.
3. After 40 mins. knead the dough again for 2-3 mins using dry flour. Now, using hands and rolling pin, roll the dough into a circle of 10-12" diameter
4. Top the pizza with pizza sauce, tomato, onion, olives, pepper etc. basil, Italian seasoning, olive oil and cheese.
5. Preheat the oven with pizza stone to 400 degree F and bake the pizza for 20-25 mins. or till the edges are golden in color and cheese should be bubbly, melted and little brown.
|Whole-wheat crust Pizza|