1) 2-3 Large Shalgam / Turnips, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
2) Half tablespoon of sugar
3) 2-3 green chillies, chopped
4) 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
5) 1 inch of ginger, finely chopped
6) 1 medium onion, chopped
7) 1 large tomato, chopped
5) 1/2 tablespoon of coriander seeds, crushed
6) 1-2 teaspoon of red chili powder
7) Salt to taste
8) 3-4 sprigs of cilantro. chopped
9) 3-4 tablespoon of oil/ghee
1) Take turnip cubes in a pressure cooker. Add, 1/4 cup of water and sugar. Cook until 3 whistles
2) Strain the liquid and mash the turnips using potato-masher
3) Heat ghee/oil in the pan. Add, coriander seeds, ginger and garlic. Stir it for a min.
4) Add,green chilies, onion and tomato together. Add salt and stir until onion are cooked but not brown.
5) Add, red chili powder and mashed turnip. Stir until all water evaporates. Garnish it with cilantro and serve it with curd and roti/paratha.
|Shalgam ka Bhartha / Mashed Spicy Turnip|